My mind was set, and a plan had to be drawn up. So here it is, for you all to gaze upon. For what is the point of a life plan if you don’t publicize it so that others will envy and hate you and wish wish WISH they were you?
Plan for 2014, in no particular order
- Make more phone hats
- Write something every day and be totally brilliant at it
- Complete my writing schedule and monthly plan for the blog (instead of scribbling random words and obscenities on open Word documents and then accidentally sending them to my boss)
- Launch weird vaudeville/cabaret music act, and therefore sing in public at least six times. Or in pubic, as I first wrote. Either suits
- Pick a name for the music act. We have it narrowed down to two, and we need to move on because it’s just getting sad
- Run three big-scale digital media projects at work
- Buy more light bulbs for the living room so that I can see what I’m doing for once
- Drop final 5lbs and reach target weight
- Reach at least 500 followers on Twitter. Because I NEED this
- Ring up the security alarm company and ask them if cats make a difference to the sensors, and pray that they don’t
- Take a dance class. Attempt to be good at it.
- Boost the blog’s pageviews and reach X by its first birthday (I have the figures written down somewhere but I’ve had some wine and I don’t want to go looking. But I do have a target! I think)
- Cook a new recipe once a month (I cook all the time, so I am being realistic, and because of no. 8)
- Go to Paris on Eurostar
- Engage with more bloggers and contribute to at least two forums regularly
- Read at least six novels (look, it’s not much for some of you but with the amount of shit I am doing already, even this is pushing it!).
- Go to Edinburgh and photograph the shit out of it
- Write more songs
- Fuck, this is taking a while. Better put on some espresso
- Buy espresso
- Decorate the main bedroom. Somehow. Maybe a few pictures will do…the espresso will help me plan this
- Write honestly about my ‘crashes’
- Improve my French (when I say improve, I mean for the love of GOD make it better)
- Shop at more thrift/charity shops and try fixing up three outfits myself
- Direct a play (I’ve added this because I know I’m already doing it in the summer)
- Continue last year’s furniture up-cycling prowess (I’ll share details in the future) for other people as well as for me
- Once current blog features have bedded in, set up film review feature because it’s your true love
- Ooo and that should include a regular bad movie night!
- Continue to dream about writing part-time and using one of those nice shared-office spaces with similar type! And then imagine hanging myself in that office
- Maybe do some vlogs!!! Maybe….
And that’s that.
I just wanted to say that I’ve felt a bit bad for Facebook this week. All it did was try to brighten up your day with a film just about you, and suddenly everyone is baying for blood for such cursed sentimentality. Twitter positively went in to melt down due to the sheer volume of hate.
Oh Facebook was fine when you wanted to show off about your big night out, tell us all ‘I’m just so confused right now’, or post pictures of your awful children. But when FB reaches out to you, you fling the gesture back in its face like so much rotten meat.
And on its BIRTHDAY!
If your film was filled with banal updates and pictures of you looking fat, you only have yourself to blame. You should lived better, and been less fat. And have words with all of your friends for only liking posts involving someone’s death or a new home. They only did so because they want invites to parties or wakes.
But the truth is, I feel bad because I’ve been neglecting FB on a personal level, when it has been a good and loyal friend. Once a FB addict (but only for the most witty reasons), I have now moved my daily ramblings to my blog and have started courting Twitter as a result (bigger audience). Poor Facebook barely gets a look in from my personal account, and when I do update, it’s only so I can scream “read my blog!”. I’m a bad Facebook friend, but a worse friend to Facebook.
This should be another aim of mine this year: to better balance the love on social media. Assuming I have time. Or that any of you notice.